Tuesday, October 11, 2016

ADHD brain cascade

Today, I had to go to my mom's house after work to pick up an important piece of mail. I was worried I'd forget, so I put a note for myself on my car visor. However, it was dark when I got in my car, so I didn't see the note and was not reminded!

However, as I started up the car, I was thinking about my workday, and my brain went down this path:

  • I'm quite dissatisfied with my performance at work today.
  • Lately my ADHD symptoms have been worse than normal. (Note: It seems some of the food I've been eating interferes with the effectiveness of my medication.) Although there was some improvement today, it was still very difficult.
  • Today's improvement supports my hypothesis about which food is giving me trouble, because I haven't eaten it since Saturday.
  • Good thing I've stopped eating that. (Alas, it was tasty.)
  • I'll have to eat something else. I don't currently have any of the problem food in the house anyway.
  • That reminds me, I don't have much other food either. I have to go grocery shopping.
  • Speaking of the grocery store, I've been parking my car in the grocery store parking lot every night for the last week.
  • The reason for that is because the management of my apartment complex threatened to have my car towed from the apartment parking lot. I have to park elsewhere to prevent that from happening.
  • The reason they threatened to tow my car was because I didn't have the current registration displayed on my license plate. (I've already renewed my registration so it's legal for me to drive but apparently it's against "community rules" to not have the stupid sticker on there!)
  • I need to obtain that sticker ASAP. My address with the Motor Vehicle Division is my mom's house, so it'll be mailed there.
  • Oh, yeah! I was supposed to go to my mom's house tonight!
It seems really time-consuming when expressed as words, but that train of thought all happened in the space of about one second.

Thankfully my ADHD sometimes solves itself. If only it could do that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment